Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Felicity gifts

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is a new take on an old question. Instead of writing about the best gift sacrifice you ever made for someone (like how Felicity's friend and mom worked on her holiday gown), how about switching it around . . .

    What is the most selfless gift someone ever gave you for Christmas/Hanukkah? [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    It wasn't really supposed to be FOR me, but my mother's bf just bought plane tickets for me and DD to fly home for Christmas. I haven't seen my mom in over a year and she was really trying to figure out a way to see us. She even volunteered to grab a friend, drive the 11 hours to NC and back to Ohio in the same day so we could be there.

    I think her bf knew that she really needed to see us, DD especially and I don't care if I get nothing for Christmas other than to see my mom at the other end of the gate at the airport next Friday. It'll be good for us both. I get to get away from here for a few days and we get to meet my nephew for the first time!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I was very little my grandma (who was incredibly ill and on fixed income) knit each person in my family a sweater for Christmas. We usually opened them and our hearts sank because they were too small and not colors we liked. We couldn't even use them. Now I realize we should have told her our sizes and what colors we wanted. I can't imagine how much work it took to make four sweaters in only one year! And it was a special gift from her since she couldn't leave the house.

    My dad started thinking about his mom the other day and got out one of these very old sweaters. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    ---

    I hope you have a great time with your mom! What a nice gift! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member goodbye's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last year my Great-Grandfather passed away at the age of 100. He came from Italy when he was 16 years old and had NOTHING! Anyway, my grandmother's mom died at the age of 42 I believe. Well last Christmas my Nonni gave me this her mother's scomb. It's a BEATIFUL 18kt gold fold brush with the most ELEAGANT scrolling on it! I carry it every place I GO!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •